After a weekend full of regatta selection, leadership training, MCSA elections, and award ceremonies, Michigan Sailing has a lot of updates!
We sent Amy Baer (Co-Captain), Austin Haag (Co-Captain), and Connor Goulet (Sailing Development Chair) to represent our team at MCSA Midwinters! Here is an outline of all we accomplished this past weekend!
First, huge congratulations to four of our Michigan Sailors who were recognized as All-Conference Sailors in the MCSA!
Amy Baer - Crew
Michael Gapuz - Crew
Lane Tobin - Skipper
Mason Wolters - Skipper
Second, another congratulation to our very own Co-Captain, Austin Haag, who was elected Commodore of the MCSA this weekend. Austin has already served one term on the MCSA board, and will continue to be an important voice for Michigan Sailing in his new role!
Michigan was also recognized as Match Race Champions and was awarded for Best Regatta for 2017 Women's Qualifiers.
Finally, we have our Spring Regatta Schedule lined up! Here is where we will be competing the next few months!
- 2/24 - 2/25 Mendelblatt Team Race - USF
- 3/10 - 3/11 Charleston Spring - College of Charleston
- 3/16 - 3/17 Southern New England Team Race - Conn College
- 3/24 - 3/25 Admiral Moore Team Race - New York
- 3/24 - 3/25 Freshman Icebreaker - Notre Dame
- 3/31 - 4/1 Laker Showdown - GVSU/Hope
- 3/31 - 4/1 Oxford Team Race - Miami of Ohio
- 4/7 - 4/8 Buckeye Invitational - OSU
- 4/7 - 4/8 Big Ten Team Race Regatta - MICH
- 4/14 - 4/15 3 Division Regatta - Wisco
- 4/14 - 4/15 Women's Quals - MICH
- 4/21 - 4/22 Admiral's Cup - King's Point
- 4/21 - 4/22 Boston Dinghy Challenge - Harvard/MIT
- 4/21 - 4/22 Team Race Qualifiers - Wisco
- 4/28 - 4/29 Co-ed Qualifiers - Minnesota
- 5/5 - 5/6 NU Spring - Northwestern
Written by S. Gambini '18